Friday, September 05, 2008

Just To Make Sure....

I think I e-mailed everyone personally but just to make sure:

Please join us in welcoming our second son. Noah Andrew was born Aug. 22 at 1:45p. He was 8lbs. 5ounces and 20 inches long. People ask me what he is like and I will tell you: he is a baby. He has a schedule: eat, sleep, cry, spit up, poop, repeat.
I am very surprised to report that you are no more prepared for the second kid, than you are for the first. The number of "things" I have forgotten is ten-fold and I am very lucky that the first time we left the house, we weren't gone very long because I forgot A LOT! Extra outfit, enough wipes for 2 KIDS-not just one, my warm shirt, nursing blanket to cover up with, plus a bunch of other stuff.
One thing though that I did learn is that the first kid makes you "immune" to certain things. First week home, Noah spits up about a dime size on the sheets. Nick asks if I am going to wash the sheets and I looked at him and said "Is that any more gross than the junk Asa gets on the sheets just with his feet?" Point made-if it dries clear and has no chunks, it can wait.

No comments: