Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Broken Record

I think I have blogged about this before, but it has been awhile and I am just to happy that I have to share my joy with world. Um, no-I did not have the baby.
I am a geek. Slef-proclaimed, but geeky nonetheless. News reports Toma Cruise is in town-big yawn. Presidential candidates coming to town-I would go if there weren't so many other people but it isn't worth it to fight the crowds. Rock concerts, tv personalities, and teen-y boppers get the same treatment. I just don't care.
Geek, Geek, Geek, Geek, Geek.
Now let's pretend that, oh say, one of my FAVORITE children's author's, Eric Kimmel, is giving a free presentation in Decemeber and let's pretend that I am bringing one of his books with me in hopes of getting an autograph and you have a very pregnant lady acting like some teenage groupie! But truly, we don't have to pretend because after numerous tries (I always hear about his group events AFTER the fact), I have my calender marked!!!! Eric kimmel is giving a presentation in December!!! Nick is already tired of hearing about this but I am so excited!!!!!!!!! Ha-ha Alina-that is what you get for living so far away. Oooo-I am a mean groupie to boot!
I just get so excited about meeting authors, it is pathetic. I stood in line for over an hour so Janet Evanovich could sign my sister's book (and so I could say I saw her). Eric Larson, spoke on the westside of town and so I schlepped over there on a rainy night with baby in tow so I could hear him speak as well. I just bought tickets to hear Michael Pollan speak in January. This is what get's my boat not only floating but spinnning around and around and around!
So, for the public record-I am very excited to attend future functions with some of my favorite living authors and I am rubbing it in for other geeks out there who may care. And if you don't care, I am excited enough for both of us!!!!!!
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

2 comments:

AMJ said...

So cool! Remember, December means Chanukah and perhaps if you brought grandma she might consider a book or two for those kids and parents who cannot attend due to travel restrictions from the other side of the globe! Also, so glad that you got those tickets to Michael Pollan, I wish I was going so take good notes and let me know all about it. And I will just have to live vicariously through you!

The Girl Next Door said...

Who? ROTLF

Listen to your sister trying to get in on the action! What makes you think she is going to take the kids, this sounds like it is going to be a totally "Big girl" event! Haha!

So,you had that child yet? I been thinking about you a LOT lately wondering if you decided to download. I give you the same advice my SIL gave me "sex, lots of sex." Evidently she did not have the same "I feel like a whale, I look like a pregnant elephant and I hate you, get that think away from me" feeling I did when I was in the last month! ;)