Tuesday, March 16, 2010

As We Age

Wow-second blog in a week!!  I am on a roll.
It isn't even my birthday, but you know what, it sucks to get old.  My back often feels like someone threw a steel rod in there via my butt, and let's say my boobs have repositioned themselves, by themselves.  When I get a headache, I have no idea if my bad neck caused it or it is actually a true headache.  Oh, and I have gained the notrious "Freshman Five" (5 lbs. at the start of the school year), repeatedly!!!
But the one nice thing abut aging is what you learn.  Not to sound like some Sage on the Mountain, but I know things now I never thought I would.  I understand some of the decisions my parents made, or at least know enough to be more critical of them (sorry mom-still don't understand why we didn't ride first class to Vegas in '95).
I know it isn't earth-shattering, or very exciting, but it is a good feeling.  It allows you to give up the foolish dreams of the past, and make better dreams for the future.  And it keeps me curious.  Who knows what I will learn tommorrow.  Maybe even a way to hoist up the old chest!

No comments: