Thursday, December 11, 2008

Post Baby Life

This is what happens when you have kids-you feel like you are constantly just "catching up" with the world at large.
I know Obama is the new president come January.
England wants to pull out of Iraq in 2009.
Christmas is...gulp...2 weeks away.
What the hell is on tv now-a-days?
How can it be December?!?!?!
Last week I came off maternity leave and went back to "work". I put "work" in quotations because I only go in 12 hours a week. It isn't exactly the corporate track but damn skippy-getting out of the house feels sooooo good. The first time I went from the car to the office I felt like I was moving at light speed! No little troll to dig out of the bushes, keep out of the garbage cans, or yell at for getting in the street.It is amazing how fast one person can move solo. And did I mention using triple-syllable words? Oh, and not one person has used a sentence with the word "poo-poo" or "tooted". Wasn't that a treat.
The other great thing about work-it helps with the post-partum. I think I may have mentioned this already in a previous blog, but much to my disappointment I did get hit with post-partum again. Not exactly the same form as before, but same game nonetheless. This is my worldwide message, again, to all you out there to be pro-active with the ones you love on this issue. Did I ever feel like hurting my kids-never. Did I ever feel like staying in bed all day-never. Did I withhold hugs and love from my kids-never. But as said before, I may not be the best parent out there, but I will always try to be the best parent I can. And I can't be a good parent when I am crying over Jeopardy and having a hard time deciding what to make for dinner. I will admit it-we had sandwhiches more than once. Not a bad thing-I fed my kid a semi-healthy meal. But I can do better, and I owe it to my kids to at least try. I have gotten a lot of "pats on the back" for getting to the doctor so fast and all I can say is-I am no hero. I just want to do right by my kids-something hundreds of parents do daily. Now if Santa can just bring me a margarita we are looking good!!!!!

1 comment:

AMJ said...

D and I were totally cracking up! I love the Troll comment and D is laughing over Pee-Pee and tooted! Thanks for the laugh, we are all sick and it has been a long couple of days.