Monday, May 11, 2009

You Are My SUNSHINE!

Finally, a weekend of sunshine. Me and the grandparents took the kids camping. The mildew dried up between our toes, we smelled of campfire smoke, and I think I got a few bug bites. It was so much fun. The previous summers I have taken Asa camping, I have to admit, it has been more work than fun. It seems like it was a constant battle to keep him near me, out of water, and in one piece. But this time out, Asa was an experienced camper and we finally had the "aha" moment that makes it all worthwhile. Our first night there, after Noah had gone to bed, Asa was sitting outside with Memaw and Mommy and he noticed the moth's that were swarming the lights. Granted, I was not impressed but he thought this very cool. We also went on some hikes, roasted marshmellows, and saw lots of animals. It was a good time and we can't wait to do it again next month.
(FYI-this is not a cheap activity!! Granted it is cheaper than traveling via hotel, but by the time you reserve a camping spot, get food, and drive there, it adds up. Still, it was fun and worthy of doing again.)

No comments: