Sunday, November 01, 2009

What?!?!?!

I cannot believe that the last time I blogged was the end of September!!!!!!! Yikes-I have been slacking here. Well, I can't say I will get better but I can tell where I have been.
Facebook. Facebook. Facebook. Guess what? I love Facebook!!! It is fast, I can post a few lines even with the kids whining, and the best part-it doesn't really take much brain function. So for those of you who are on Facebook, whether you admit it or not, look for me there.
But since I am here today, I should write something worth while. See the pressure is on to write a well structured paragraph, whereas with Facebook I just need a few sentences of witty.
So instead of being witty I will do a quick update.
Last week, I got sick. Passed it onto Noah, who has never been sick before. He got it much harder than me and after a suspicious bout of looking blue, we took him to the ER. We did it just to be safe-not because he looked like he was struggling, and wouldn't you know it-once we got there he looked pink again. Still, we did the follow-up with our family doctor and discovered that Noah and I had a mild version of the Swine Flu. Could have knocked me over!!!! I had the seasonal flu 4 years ago and felt 10x worse!!!! I know the Swine Flu can be bad, and there are different versions but despite what the media will tell you, it is not the Second Coming. Noah and I are much better, Halloween was fun, and Nick and Asa never got it. So there you go.

2 comments:

AMJ said...

I am happy to report that your germs have not crossed the internet and for once I did not get sick from you. I do however, have an eye infection it would seem and a stiff right shoulder........... and as for face book....evil, evil, evil...........!!!!!!!! I have lost all my friends to it! Oh and the pictures of the kids dressed up that mom sent are soooooooo cute. love, you know who......

The Girl Next Door said...

Whatever AMJ! I *heart* facebook! It is quick and easy, can be kept TOTALLY private and I can see babies, friends etc quickly!

We had the Swine this week also! Inever did freak out about it.. flu with a name people know! Nothing big deal about it just media hype! slow news week and people fall for it, they are the same people complaining about how the government thinks they are stupid and American consumerism...