Saturday, December 08, 2007

A Great Season For Oregon in Football

Currently, in the NFL, there are four-yes four!-starting quarterbacks that were Oregon players.

Joey Harrington-Atlanta Falcons Duck U of O
Kellen Clemmons-NY Jets Duck U of O
AJ Feeley-Eagles Duck U of O
Derek Anderson-Cleveland Browns Beaver OSU
(Some of you read this from out of state so I put school and mascot.)

Okay, there are three former Ducks and one former Beaver-I won't gloat. But either way you cut it, it is a great day for Oregon programs in the NFL. Now let's be honest-if these players came from Ohio State, Notre Dame, or aany other school that seems to think football was handed to them directly from God, I think there would be a bit more press. It is impressive to have this many Quarterbacks out of one area. But alas, the Pacific NW gets little credit for the good teams they have. All we do is smoke pot and drink beer-right?
Now, there was a bit about Kellen Clemmons and Derek Brown playing against each other. Apparently they played against each other in high school, college, AND now in the pro's. I guess they broke a record? Or did the announcer's finally find Oregon on a map? I kid you not-I heard on NATIONAL TV that OSU was located in Beaverton. Um, annoucners make to much money not to be able to find Corvallis.
Whether this phenomenon will happen continue next season, or even the next game for that matter, who knows. The NFL is brutal and players can come and go like the wind. But for now, I take a lot of pride that Oregon Football Programs have such a good representation right now. Way to go guys!!!
(Okay, I wanted to say way to go boys but damn, does that make me sound old or what?!)

No comments: