Monday, December 10, 2007

The Ones We Miss

I was reading the obituaries yesterday and saw this poem a mom had printed for her deceased son. I don't know if she wrote it, or got it from somewhere else. Of course, as the mother of a son, I conected right away, but I feel that this could apply to mother's of daughters, lovers, families, friends-anyone we care about. Especially around the holidays, there always seems to be someone we miss.

Thank-you, to the mother of David A. Adams 1953-1977

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal; Love leaves a memory no one can steal."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to several sources on the Internet, this poem is from a headstone Ireland.

Dena said...

Wherever it came from it is still beautiful but how the hell do you find this stuff out?!?!?! I am jealous of your seemingly infintie wisom.