Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Cards

I wanted to put out a big fat disclaimer to people because I am starting to feel a little guilty. I sent out about 60 Christmas cards this year. I have recieved about 15. I send out cards because I truly love too. Yes, I support Hallmark. I do not expect a single card back. I don't anyone to feel like they have to send me one back, ever. I love to receive them, I love getting the pictures, and I love reading the updates in people's lives-but I only love to receive them if you love to send them as much as I do. Don't make it a chore or another holiday "must". Next time you see me, say "hi". Write me a quick e-mail. It doesn't have to be a Christmas card. I have been sending a card to close friend now for about 15 years, and she sent a card back to me once, in 1994. So really, it isn't about getting something back for me-I just love to send them. The reason I feel so guilty is that I have had many, many people apologize to me for not sending a card back. I didn't mean to make people feel bad!!! Or add to holiday stress. So next year, same thing-I will be sending cards out. But I will not expect many back-cards aren't everyone's thing and I am great with that.
Happy Holidays!!!!!

No comments: