Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Night Off

Last week was pretty stressful. We took a 3 hour trip to visit a sick friend of my mom's (thankfully the friend is doing better), attended a memorial service, and had relatives in over the weekend. On top of this, I am getting the baby's room ready so the kid at least has a place to sleep and clean clothes. I figure Asa can provide the entertainment.
So Wednesday night I decided was my "night off". No baby chores, no talking with friends, no worrying about what needs to be done yesterday, tommorrow, or next week. Just a nice quiet evening of relaxation with my family, and after they go to bed, my current book ("Dreams of My Father" by Barack Obama).
We pick daddy up at 4:00p, go to the store to get Grandpa Anton's birthday gift, check out the near-by toy store and endure 1 temper tantrum since Asa didn't get a new toy, go grocery shopping, hit the new drive thru of the new chicken eatery, get home and put away just the perishable food, eat dinner, clean up Asa, clean up where Asa ate, unload the dishes from that morning, do the dishes from that night, take out garbage, take out recycling, watch daddy fall asleep, change one diaper complete with solids (details not needed), take out Asa's diaper pail, water outside plants (it was 91 degrees), put away the rest of the groceries, and sit down at 10:00p to read my book.
So glad I got a night off to relax.

No comments: