Thursday, July 03, 2008

The Ties That Bond Part 2

Oops-my bad. Even though I had EXAMPLES of why I married Nick, I forgot to state in one sentence why I married Nick.
Um...Insanity?
No really. I married a life partner. I married someone who wouldn't desert me in bad times, and enjoy the good times with me. That if I really wanted to, they would hold my hand, and not make gagging noises when I ate liver. I married someone who was either willing to take the same path as me, or at least understood if I diverged a little on my own path. Love is great and all, and obviously Nick and I have a connection, but it is hard to remember why you love someone when the kid is throwing up at 4:00a and the husband is demanding to know why as he panics and gets a hand towel when I really need a big bowl to catch the fluid. If I could communicate directly with any of Asa's body parts, I am sure I would have won the lottery with my ESP powers.
So remember-marry a life partner. It will serve you better down the road.

No comments: