Thursday, January 01, 2009

My Resolution

Thanks to the wonder of technology, my sister, from half way around the world, has been razzin' me about not using my bread maker. (It is all in good nature and justly deserved-I bugged her all through...well, our whole life.) This is the bread maker I got as a wedding gift in 2000, and it is still in the box, never used. I am using this blog to publicly defend myself against unfair charges that I am a Bread Maker-phobe.
Let me start by saying, I never registered for the damn thing in the first place. For whatever reason, husband-to-be thought we needed one. I am under no delusions about myself; kitchen gadgets are filed in between enema's and listening to strange baby's cry. I don't like to cook-apparently neither does my husband.
Second, it isn't that I WON'T or CAN'T use a bread maker. I am sure one day I will. But as anyone with kids in the house can tell you, we parental figures get about 10 minutes a day to ourselves. Hmmm, shower or bread maker? Learning to use a bread maker usually loses the coin toss.
Finally, nothing beats the thought of having my personal chef make me bread. Okay, I have no personal chef, and I have no money for a personal chef, but I hate to spoil the fantasy.
However, in the interest of good eating, I hereby make a resolution that by the end of 2009, I will at least look at the instructions for the bread maker. After all, it isn't often I get to use a brand new appliance, no matter when it was bought.

1 comment:

AMJ said...

Hmmmm....not a bad start and decent resolution. but I still get you bug you even from half way around the globe! Let me know when you decide to try it out and from HALF WAY AROUND THE GLOBE I will walk you through it.

love,

your sister