Monday, January 12, 2009

What I Think Now

Five years ago, if I had seen a harassed looking woman with 2 young kids, I would have snickered privately and told myself that the other woman should really get it together. I mean honestly, just because you are a mom doesn't mean you have to turn into "Super Frumpy Lady". Flash forward to now and I want to smack myself. It isn't that I have turned into "Super Frumpy Lady", but I have turned into "Don't Give A Rats Ass Lady".
Yesterday, kids and I went out for pizza after dropping daddy off at work. Asa can run around the vidoe machines and I can watch tv and we are all calm. Noah farts-no biggie as we are alone. As I rub Noah's back, I discover he pooped-all the way up. Ohhhhhhhhh. There is no changing station at this place (Only God knows why not) so we head out to the car in the dark parking lot. After frantic prayers that no bad guys are out there, I discover that in his efforts to be helpful, daddy cleaned out the car including extra outfits. Oh yeah, and I need to go to the grocery store as we are out of milk, the poop went through to my jeans, and it is 8:00p. What kind of lottery in hell is this?
Girl Scout powers, activate!! I wrapped Noah in my sweatshirt, ignored my pants, and made the fastest trip to the grocery store I have ever made while corraling a 3-year-old. Nothing like motivation that you may run into someone you know to get you moving fast! Did I mention my hobby of doing laundry-last night was a banner night.

No comments: