Friday, April 20, 2007

Well, I have returned from the wild blue yonder! Actually, I didn't go that far, but I did go camping with my 1 1/2 year old plus two other small children. I think I left a few gray cells back in the woods! We had a great time, Leanne and I, but I have learned that small children should NEVER share a tent! One kid fell out of bed, the next youngest gets scared and starts crying, scaring the one who feel out of bed even more so she starts crying, and the oldest just can't resist joining in. Who ever invented Starbucks is my hero! A 15 minute drive and I was human again thanks to some hot chocolate and a scone. I think back to when humans didn't have these luxuries and I realize that I would have been eaten.
For those of you who may not be familiar, some state parks in Oreogn have yurts. Yurts are a permanent tent that have a small heater and a lamp plus one low voltage outlet (we used ours for a nightlight). It is still cold enough in April that heater just kept us from freezing. No more camping in April. but for the lazy camper, such as myself, a yurt is the way to go. No bringing, setting up, or taking down your own tent and if it rains, who cares!
We are going camping again in May, again reserving a yurt in an Oregon State Park. I am very excited to see where we will mess up this time! Hard core campers and parents know what I mean-every time we go out we forget something and it just adds to the adventure!

No comments: