Friday, April 27, 2007

I have to be honest-last Wednesday sucked! My son has a cold and gave it to daddy who lovingly passed it on to me. Hey, I don't want to miss out on all the fun do I? I am not sure what was worse-watching my new patio furniture being delivered and to congested to care, listening to my husband whine he's dying, or watching my son rub his runny nose on the couch? On the one hand, snot on your furniture is gross. On the other hand, he sure was easy to keep track of that day.
So minor miracles of miracles, my husband says go take a nap. I was already falling asleep on the couch so I was pretty game and headed upstairs with a spring in my sick step. All is quiet and peaceful, I can hear birds chirping outside my window and just when I am thinking all is right with the world, I realize I have turned into Porky Pig (no comments about my weight now) and I realize I can't sleep! It was an experience straight out of an evil Warner Brother's cartoon where I tossed and turned and listened to every little noise-who knew a house could creak so much? The good news is, I got my nap later in the day. Apprently Sesame Street and the couch did for me what peace and quiet could not-it put me out like a light bulb. But I fail to understand what it is about a loud room and a lumpy piece of furniture that can make me snooze. Surely there have been studies done?
So now it is Friday, nose feels slightly better, patio furniture is partially set up-how do I get my husband to stop whining?

No comments: