Friday, January 11, 2008

Beating a Dead Horse

This was sent to me as part of a larger message via the internet:

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out. Forget this and attaining Enlightenment will be the least of your problems.

Not only did I laugh out loud but it kind of goes along with my New Year's resolution.

Another quick news item: we had an honest to goodness tornado across the river in Washington, about 20 minutes from my house. Oaky-I got a little freaked out. The last tornado in this area was in 1972-when I say we don't know how to deal with these things, we honestly do not know how to deal with these things. The Alert comes across the tv and the first thing they say after the tornado warning is to go get in your basement. I racked my brains-I do not know a single person with a basement!!! If you have no basement, stay in the lowest part of your house. Well, that was no problem-that's where the tv is. Luckily no one was hurt and the path of destruction was less than 12 miles long with only 2 miles getting the worst part. I have seen much worse figures reagrding the Mid-West. Still, it is just the latest item in the weird weather we have had here this winter. Last month we had a Thundersnow. It was one of the loudest clap of thunder's I have ever heard and then it snowed like a blizzard for about 30 minutes and melted. Apparently these are so rare they couldn't say the last time our area saw one and if a Thunder snow is to happen at all, it usually hits the Great Lakes area where they are considered rare even there. Apparently this year, we are special.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.