Thursday, January 10, 2008

Nerd with a Capital "N"

I keep a journal of the books I have read. Nothing fancy-the title, author, copyright, and three lines max for a short description. This also allows me to track how many books I have read per year. I was really fretting that last part. I have not read near the amount of books I wanted too. Oh, I had excuses. A little kid running around, some of the books were really long, and some were pretty scenitific so you just don't blow through them in a day. But some of the books were really easy, so I could have made a better effort. I just kept going back and forth. Then I read an article in the local newspaper-the average person reads two books per year! Alter that statistic to include just the people who actually read as a hobby and the number increases to 7 books per year. Yikes! So suddenly the 47 books I read for 2007 doesn't sound so bad and I feel like a complete nerd! Who else feels guilty about this shit?!?!?! Did I mention that I am going to put things in perspective this year?

No comments: