Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Greatest Thoughts To Sound Intellectual

I have recently read some blogs that have left me with some very thought-provoking...thoughts. I have pondered, been proud of the people I know, and felt a little smarter for reading what others have to say about the world.
So of course I feel pressure to write something equally enlightening. Something that would make everyone reading this go "wow, Dena is...words cannot describe!" Well, maybe they say that about me already but this time I am thinking they should say it in a positive manner.
So why is it, as I sit here, all I can come up with is "green means go dumba**!"
I don't drive well with others. I don't honk my horn, cut people off, or drive really slow to annoy. But I do fear for my son's language developement as mommy turns into a potty mouth as she gets behind the wheel.
Roads in this nation are a common element, meaning we all pay taxes on them so we all have a right to use them. I understand this and bite my tongue at the stereo thumpers, gas guzzlers, and creepy bumper sticker people drive right by my side.
However, if you don't know where you are going, you do not have the right to slow down to 20mph in a 45 mph, to read ever street sign you pass, hence endangering me and my passengers to the people driving the speed limit. Pull over.
If you are nervous about going a particular speed limit, again, you do not have the right to endanger me to the lawfully faster cars. Don't use that road.
Slowing down for the green, and speeding up as soon as it turns yellow, will also get you a name calling. Granted the windows will be up and it will look like I am singing, but still, the negative forces are headed your way.
Running a clearly red light because you are too lazy to wait until it is your turn again-name calling. Yes, sometimes people have an emergency but I cannot believe that many people, at one time, have that big of an emergency.
Get off the cell phone if you cannot pay attention to the road. You are driving a dangerous vehicle, not a marshmellow on wheels. Regardless of who's at fault, you will feel bad for not noticing what could have been avoided.
Do you see everyone else pulling over for the emergency vehicle, with it's lights falshing and sirens wailing? It is not a signal that the roads are being cleared especially for you. That is someone's cherished relative trying to get help before it is too late. Pull over, and be respectful after it passes as everyone else resumes their travel.
Today's messages were brought to you because I actually had someone come to a complete stop at a green light, as the other cars sped by, and then of course it turned yellow so they gunned it to run a red light. Why? Why? WHY!!!!!!!???!!?! Asa is now ready to be a sailor. Driving is fun, I love it. But I understand that I share the road-it isn't mine, YET. Be forewarned that if and when I get to rule the world, I already have a list of new laws of the roads, and many people will be disappointed to find themselves on the bus.
Okay, not so intellectually stimulating but I feel better!

No comments: