Monday, May 12, 2008

Grizzly Adams and Friends

Just a quick post to let everyone know that I went camping with Asa and my parents this weekend. Granted we stayed in a cabin so that when it rained Saturday night we weren't totally miserable. However, like I told my neighbor-we had a campfire and we stink. It was enough for me! Besides, seeing Asa out in the forest makes it worth it. Granted at this age, camping is work. By the time I keep him out of the creek, out of the campfire, and not throwing rocks at the other little boy with us, I am pooped. But I know he is learning a lot by playing in the dirt, hearing the frogs, and watching the water flow under the bridge. Plus, by the time he is old enough to help out and not run in front of the camper/trailer combos pulling in, camping will be old hat and we can do the fun stuff like long hikes and exotic meals cooked over a campfire. It just takes time.
So despite the rain, and some minor injuries with sticks, everyone came home with their eyeballs intact, no deep gashes, full tummies from good food, and smiles all around. Can't wait till we go again in June!

No comments: