Thursday, October 04, 2007

I am Beautiful

I was recently reading a blog about Brittney Spears looking fat (yes Tanya, that was you) and I found myself nodding along about how a lot of us mom's wish we were that "fat"-the implication being that society is way to hard on celebrities. But then I realized, I was lying. The ugly truth about me is that I want my famous people totally gorgeous or totally hot, depending on if they are a man or woman. The reason being is that to me, these people are eye candy. Their profession is "Being In The Public Eye", and the reality is, I don't want to look at ugly people. I don't even want to look at average people. When I pick up a magazine, I want my socks knocked off. Do I think I am looking at a realistic version of what humans look like? Hell no! To me, the reality is, we could all be that beautiful. We all have the option, male and female, of going to tanning salons, shelling out for personal trainers, getting manicures and pedicures, spending a fortune on top labels (clothes are in my book a "you get what you pay for item"), and getting our hair professionally done. The reality however, is that most of us, for whatever reason, aren't interested. I know I am not. You couldn't pry me out of my fat jeans and the chocolate is going with me to the grave. I have no interest in hitting a tanning salon and I need to be willing to spend more than the $6 I already do for hair color. Oops-it's "my friend" who dyes her hair. Mine is the same color as high school.
I truly believe that we are all beautiful in our own way-by our actions, our words, and sometimes by a certain feature. I have the world's cutest feet!!!! Tanya has the neatest hair, I love Katie's eyes, and my sister could be a hand model. But I can't be a liar and say that we are all magazine gorgeous. We all could be, but we do other things with our time that we enjoy. But if you are going to purposely put yourself out there, in whatever mode, please make sure you are nice enough to look at. I am not paying to look at someone who looks average like me. I want my money' worth. So pass me a candy bar and the latest "People"-I want my eye candy hot!!!!! And I look like I want to.

2 comments:

T-girl said...

BTW- I totally forgot to say (it was the hair comment, I am so never forgetting that, when I have a bad hair day I am coming here and reading)"Yeah, intellectually I think it is bullshit and as a mother of a daughter I worry about her self image being based on nasty anorexic looking women, however not seeing a lot of Kristy Alley on the cover of Vogue and I don't really want too!" Personally I would like to see a middle ground, I don't want FAT to be cool however I think we have gone a bit overboard with the skinny look. I want a woman on the cover what is, if I worked my ass off that is, attainable. Does that make sense? She better look damn good in those size 8, no ugly bitches allowed, but no -0 sizes need not apply! One of the comments on my blog was "she looks damn good for the average women however she can afford a personal trainer and I can't so there is no excuse for her not to look tops!" I agree with that, however I think itis kind of sad that we as as society have decided normal size is "fat!" Now the men... I better get mulitple orgasims just looking at the picture, they have no good excuse for getting fat!

Katie said...

hahaha! I can't ever get over how you say things that are so true, it is like lemon juice in your eye...haha! It is SO true. This is why I love Pirates of the Caribbean...could they find a more magical couple as Orlando Bloom and Whats-her-name (they are gorgeous together!) and that Johnny Depp...oooh...anyway, I totally understand.
Here is a "however", because if you saw Transformers, you'd say, "That girl is too cute for him." and that sounds terrible, but she should've been more "girl next door" instead of "Will you pay me now or after" but, I think the movie was geared towards guys...well, I love guy movies, so I thought the girl shouldn't have been so unreal...
Is the "Katie", me-Katie? or...my eyes? really?