Monday, October 01, 2007

Quack Quack

If you think I won't write about football, you are sadly mistaken. Anyone who has spent more than 5 minutes with me, whether it be under enjoyable circumstances or torture, will know that invertiably I end up talking football, and I usually mention the U of O Ducks once or twice. I can't help it-I am a junkie. At the end of every season, after numerous pseudo-heart attacks, I insist I won't get as involved the following season. But months pass, Labor Day hits, and I can't resist a game or two, and by the time I realize it, I am glue'd to the tv like a coach, screaming at the screen as if the players can hear me and me alone.
This past weekend was not stellar. Ducks lost in the last quarter to Cal Bears (Berkley), and even though we played a good game, and we stayed pretty high in the polls, I still keep walking around mumbling "4th quarter, damn 4th quarter" to myself. San Fransisco 49'er's lost as well, as did the OSU Beavers. Big sigh-I think I need to watch Curling. The only bright spots were the Atlanta Falcons winning (former Duck Joey Harrington QB's) and the Cleveland Browns (former Beaver Derek Anderson QB's). We like to se the hometown boys do good.
I can't help but be disappointed by these losses, but if you have read my previous blogs, please be rest assured I am not drowning in beer and anger. Football is a game; a great game as far as I am concerned. But over the last weekend it didn't solve world peace, feed the hungry, or help the destitute. When I do my dance of joy, or stomp of frustration, it is all in perspective. With that said, Penn State and Notre Dame lost too-ha ha.

No comments: