Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ahhh, the Passion...

I don't ususally write about Nick so much, but I couldn't resist passing this on, because it is so in-character for...Nick and I.
We have been together 14 years this April. We have seen many changes, as I have already mentioned. Some of them personal to us as individuals, some of them together. I don't always think about the romance in our relationship. One, I am not a romantic person and two, we just have so many other things going on at any given time.
So yesterday, we were at Wal-Mart. I had to go to the restroom for the twentith time that day, so my men went one way and I went another, with promises to meet up soon. First thing Nick says to me when I find them is "I don't know if you will like this, but I really like it and want you to have it." Ooooo-I am intrigued! My first thought it was a book. Okay, big geek I am, I always want one of those. Nick wouldn't tell me what it was, so I had to follow him to...wherever. As we go down the aisle, I see bra's and panties getting closer. I am starting to get un-amused quickly. If he thinks I am shoving my pregnant, naseous body into something slinky, we will be having words. But we go past "lingerie" to a display of pajamas that are a t-shirt and shorts set with Disney Characters, upon which Nick picks up the Chip and Dale set and says "If mommy really loved me she would get a pair of these. Daddy loooves Chip and Dale. Don't you think these are cute Dena?" He just thought it would be cute if I wore these to bed. I don't know if I should be proud that I could even look at the Junior sizes, which is what these were, or disappointed that I had to get the biggest size they had in hopes of fitting into them AFTER August. Either way, the passion from our relationship may not be what it once was, but the romance is still there after all these years, just in the form of Chip and Dale.

1 comment:

Katie said...

That is SO much more romantic than slinky nighties, because it was thoughtful to your comfort and your likes and dislikes. That is just so cute!