Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Milk Carton?

If you don't want to read about me bitching and whining, stop reading now. Since this a diary, albiet a public one, I am going to write like it is truly a diary.
My legs are cramping so hard I can hardly walk, they hurt so bad and I keep thinking that maybe the kid will be born through there. (Think alien movies.)
My abdomen area is joining the chorus and cramping as well.
I keep getting contractions, but nothing consistent. It is just painful enough, and often enough, to piss me off.
I walk up stairs and I sound like an asmatic, smoker since I have no lung capacity.
My tailbone is now residing between my shoulder blades.
I slept 8 hours last night, and still needed a nap this afternoon.
And every article I read, baby book I look at, or childless person I talk to extolls the beauty and wonderous occasion of childbirth.
I feel like a poster child for birth control. Slap my picture on the side of some pills and warn people that this could happen to you if you opt to reproduce-especially if you are under 21 and not ready to waste the day sleeping.
And 6 months from now I will have forgotten most of this and just be glad I have two, healthy boys. Where is the fast forward button?

1 comment:

Erin said...

Dena --
These words probably can't or won't help but hang in there! If I could help the little guy come out you know I would.

When Asa is rough-housing with his younger brother in about 15 years and kicks him until it hurts, you'll look back on this time, fondly, and smirk "yeah, well you did that to me so there!"