Thursday, August 14, 2008

Slap Me Silly and Call Me Stupid

I will admit it on public access blogging-I love fast food. Burger King, Taco Bell, Taco Time-Mmmm Mmmm Good. But let's face it-healthy eating it ain't. I know this, and I accept the consequences. The piece of Iceberg Lettuce, Tomato, and Onion on my burger does not constitute a salad, and the ketchup, while healthy in a sense, is being washed down by potato's that are not only fried, but probably haven't seen the light of the sun in many, many, many days.
Have I proved my point? I know fast food is bad for me.
So now comes a study that not only is fast food bad for me, but, grab your chair, the kid meals they have are not healthy for children. Too many calories, to much fat, and not enough fruit or veggies to go along with the promotional toy. Well holy shit. Pass the ketchup and pop and call me stupid.
Maybe I have superior intellect ( I certainly like to think so), but if the lard in my taco bell burrito isn't good for my arteries, what would make someone think it is good for my son's? Same goes for the pop I like to drink-enough sugar to make a dog sick, and yet for the small body of my little boy, that amount of sugar is okay?
I think that I am changing careers to do studies as well. I need money so I can sit around all day and compare episodes of "Jeopardy" and "Perry Mason"-who's theme music makes me happier? I think that would produce results as informative as the fact that fast food is just as bad for grown-ups as it is for kids. Duh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, pop is bad for kids... hu hu (says Beavis).

Anything with such a high concentration of high fructose corn syrup is probably a disaster.