Friday, August 01, 2008

Vindication

I will admit here on public space that not only am I going to make some sexist remarks, but mother-in-law has been vindicated.
Nick is a hard worker, loyal to a fault, and has the best sense of humor-until he gets sick. I couldn't understand how my mother-in-law could raise such a son that when he got sick, he turned into the Human "Uhhhhhhhh", Uhhhhhhh", "I am dying here" Machine. A simple cold turnes him into this creature.
Well, now I know my mother-in-law had nothing to do it with it. The truth has come out and the poor woman is...well, vindicated.
My son was sick this week. We got lucky-our biggest symptom was a very high fever. Granted the kid was a generator of heat, and I doubt he felt good, but with only one incident of throwing up, I feel like I dodged a bullet. So we set him up in his bed with a portable DVD player to watch Thomas the Train shows all day (that alone drove me insane), and made sure he had all his stuffed animals, favorite toys, juice, etc. close at hand to keep him comfortable. And bless Grandma Anne for coming over a few hours a day so I could at least get a few little things done. Because non-stop for 3 days-"uhhhh, uhhhhh, uhhhhh, uhhhhh, uhhhhh..." After raising two daughters and getting ready to welcome a fourth grandson, Grandma Anne summed it up nicely-"Boys whine more than you and your sister ever did when you were sick." Crap, and I have a second one of these creatures coming!
Asa is all better now, and free to whine about something else since he is also 2 1/2. But in case you are wondering, this is why women, if they opt to, have the babies. First sign of a leg cramp and men would give it all up.
And if I sound like I am whining, I learned it from my son.

2 comments:

AMJ said...

LOL!!!!!! So true!

Anonymous said...

Asa schmasa... I have already met him several times. Where is new baby? Keep me entertained, won't ya? Sarah