Monday, February 02, 2009

Do You Know ME?

So I am copying Erin's idea (public kudos to her here!)-in honor of her birthday (well, maybe honor is the wrong word but you get my drift) she listed 33 things about herself we, the reading public may not have known. And guess what? I learned something's about her! So I am doing the same thing only I have to list 36. Um, my birthday isn't till June so I am not lying!!


1. I consider myself a book addict-I have bought books simply because I was depressed and needed a quick pick me up.
2. I have also bought books and never read them. Bad Dena, bad.
3. If I could only meet one famous, living person, it would be William Bass. He started the ARF facility in Tennessee. He is a giant in the forensic science world.
4. If I am going on an interview, I ALWAYS wear Navy Blue.
5. I think Cocker Spaniels are an ugly dog.
6. I hate stupid people. Not unknowledgeable people-we all have things to learn. But stupid people, no matter the IQ, piss me off.
7. My music tastes are beyond ecletic-I love Nat King Cole just as much as I love Keith Urban, Rosemary Clooney, the BeeGees, and Soundgarden.
8. My absolute favorite movie is "Charade", with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn.
9. If I am ever on a game show, my "stupid story" will be that I used to get grounded from the library when I was a kid.
10. If I am ever on "Wheel of Fortune" during sports week, I am picking Howie Long as my partner.
11. I think if Scott Joplin had lived a few more years, he would be a lot more famous. He is a song-writer/musician, and everyone knows his music from ice cream trucks.
12. If I could change one thing about my body, I would have thicker hair. If I could change two things I would include better vision.
13. I may never do it, but I know if I want to, I can change careers.
14. People who don't have kids or grandchildren, but with stuffed animals peeking out the back of their car window, scare me.
15. It pisses me off that I still bite my nails and forget to empty my pockets before I throw in my clothes in the laundry.
16. I want to go to Antartica some day.
17. I lik Cher as an actress, but not really into her music.
18. I only wear white socks.
19. I love summer.
20. I hate pickles.
21. The worst job I ever had was being a lifeguard-you have to watch everyone else have fun.
22. Prince John from Robin Hood (1973) is my favorite Disney, animated character.
23. People who wallow in their problems annoy me. Find a solution to your problems, or find someone who can help you. If the first idea doesn't work, try again.
24. I regret that I wasn't an exchange student in college.
25. In a chance meeting, over 10 years after graduating high school, I ran into my guidance counselor and I am proud I had the guts to approach him and tell him how grateful I was for his help.
26. I am grateful for the friends and family I have-it is lonely with no one to love.
27. I still have my favorite blanket and stuffed animal from childhood.
28. My most favorite drink is Coke.
29. I love watching football-go Ducks!
30. I hate the smell of over-ripe bananas.
31. I am a pop snob-I will only drink name-brands.
32. I still sleep with a nightlight on.
33. I know it's popular, but I just can't get into the new Reality Tv shows.
34. I have really cute feet.
35. Build-A-Bear stores and clowns freak me out.
36. Whoever invented running hot water for every house is my hero. I know it doesn't come that way naturally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here were my 25. It's like we are almost twins! We both mention our feet and we both say what "pisses" us off. No wonder we are friends...

1. I was dragged out to sea when I was about 8 by a rip tide. A surfer (angel?) saved me.
2. If I ever have to kill a spider, I never throw it away in the trash because I'm scared it's friends will find it and come get me.
3. I can't keep a house plant alive. I tried a cactus last year and it died in about 4 months too.
4. Method Man accidentally kicked me in the head when I was front row and he did a stage dive at Roseland.
5. I have never been to Vegas.
6. I never wear lipstick, I think it makes me look ghetto.
7. I am in love with reading my bible.
8. I love whitewater rafting and am dying to skydive.... but I would never karaoke - too terrifying.
9. My great grandma had my nana when she was 19. My nana had my mom when she was 19. My mom had me when she was 19. I had Arriana when I was 19. My Nana told me she was very dissapointed in me because I was supposed to be the smart one.
10. I do not have cute feet.
11. I like cigars. I usually have 1 a year. When I'm smoking one, I feel fascinating.
12. Steak, mashed potatos, and corn is my favorite meal.
13. Yesterday was the one year anniversary from me breaking my tailbone. I was going to celebrate by getting a massage, but just wided up doing errands and taking a nap instead.
14. I got a passport 3 years ago and have never used it.
15. I never wear earrings. I don't know why.
16. My nose is crooked because I used to suck my thumb in the womb and squish it to one side.
17. I had to take speech therapy in third grade to be able to correctly say my R's. Before that I was Sawah.
18. I own a gun.
19. I once signed up for a magazine subscription to be addressed to "Dr. Sarah Reagan MD" just for fun.
20. Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day are my two favorite holidays. I'm not a Christmas fan.
21. There is a lot more to me than being ridiculously adorable.
22. My New Years resolution the past three years has been to invest more time in my friends and to accept more invitations. I have been doing so so with that.
23. I can walk on my toe knuckles.
24. My face was the subject of a 6 week adult sculpting class in 2003. The desks were arranged in a u shape with me sitting in the middle. It was liberating because I had to get used to people analyzing and trying to replicate every imperfection. It made me more comfortable in my skin.
25. The wind pisses me off.

SR