Friday, February 06, 2009

The Letter of the Day Is...P

So I am reading Erin's blog and she listed ten things she likes that start with the letter K. Erin was reading another blog, saw this idea, and they assigned her a letter. Erin then invited us, the reading public, to e-mail her and she to would assign us a letter and we could join in the fun, or is it phun? Anyway, I answered the call, and got the letter P. So here are ten things that make me happy, that start with the letter P. And by the by, I am more than willing to assign someone a letter if they want to respond to this blog and continue the love.

Pinkie-I no longer sleep with my childhood blankie but she lives in my garage and my heart. Lots of fond memories dragging this thing all over with me. Okay, she (yes, she) was pink and white and since White-y sounded lame, Pinkie it was, and still is.

Psych-I love this show!!! It is on USA, new episodes on Friday nights. It is goofy, corny, and not very intellectually in-depth. Just what I need after a hard week.

Portland Metro-area (Oregon)- Okay, maybe I'm stretching here, but I love where I live. Beautiful scenery, close to the beach, the mountains, and the high desert. We are a 6 hour drive from a huge metropolitian area, Vancouver BC, and it is a foreign country to boot. We are less than 2 hours from the middle of NOWHERE. Wherever you want to go, we are near.

Perry Mason-Yes, yes, yes-I admit it. I am a Perry Mason groupie!! I not only love the show but it does make me happy. I remember watching this show with my mom when I was little, when I was sick, and when I was unemployed. Even though my son is not thrilled with it, I love watching with him because he is the 4th generation to watch this show-my mom watched it with her mom. Traditions, traditions, traditions-who says tv is all bad?

Pillows-Ever try to sleep without one? Enough said.

Pain Pills-Ever try to cope without them? I am not talking about addictions, but even simple migraines and sore ankles feel a lot better with these babies.

Pals-Where would we be without the friends and pals who makes us laugh, cry, and remind us of how lucky we are to have them in our lives.

Paperback Books-the orginal laptop, it is a member of my favorite hobby-reading. I have hundreds of these at home so I must really like them.

Pennsylvania-10 years ago I had an epiphany. I had yet to discover my career, and I had never been east of Las Vegas, Nevada. So I checked out this new fangled thing they called the internet, looked for some internships, and headed to places unknown. I landed in State College, Pa. and it was one of the best things I have EVER done. I made friends, had experiences, and saw things I have never seen before. It was awesome.

Paleotology-Um, my spelling might be wrong. But basically, I am talking about the study of dinosaurs. I had a passing interest in this topic-dinosaur bones are cool. But if you had told me a year ago I would put this on my list, I would have been surprised. But now I have a 3 year old son who loves dinosaurs, and I love that he loves them! His enthusiasm is unlimited, and I love watching him learn something new. He can pronounce parasarollophus, tell you that triceratops lived in herds, and dinosaurs never flew or swam-but their friends did. He has dinosaur books, jammies, clothes, and toys. He knows that Eusaropteron (spelling?) was a fish, and the plattiosaurus ate plants. Now can someone explain to me why the kid that can say anklyosauraus needs me to ask him 10 times to pick up his toys?!?!?

No comments: