Monday, February 23, 2009

A Record Setter

Hey, guess what??? My indoor plant has been alive since July!!!! This is the longest I have kept an indoor plant alive-EVER. Funny thing about indoor plants-they have to be watered. Granted it is an aloe vera plant and the upkeep is minimal, but considering my track record, I am pretty excited. I know that outdoor plants have to be watered as well, but in this area of the United States, I only have to make the effort for about three months out of the year, and some years it is only two months! It usually doesn't get warm until the end of June, and around August when I crap out and get sick of making the yard at least presentable, cooler weather and rains return and I am off the hook.
So now when I look at my aloe vera plant, I always think to myself "ahhh, there is the little plant that could".
And by the way, I have killed a cactus and ruined Top Ramen. Domestication is not a strong suit in my family.

No comments: