Thursday, April 16, 2009

Use At Your Own Risk

So blogging is about sharing your feeelings right?
Nick and I have been shopping for new health insurance. So why were we denied health insurance from one company? They listed the reasons and basically it was every doctor's appt. I have had in the last year or so. I twisted my ankle and went in to be sure it was broken-they lsited that as a reason denied. The benign cyst I had checked out on my shoulder-they listed that too. So the medical community urges us to get these things checked out to be safe, and then when we do, the health insurance companies ding us and refuse to accept us because we are a bad risk. Can we say "Catch-22"? What the hell are we suppose to do now?
I guess we should be grateful that at least the kids got accepted but now I am leery of letting them go to the doctor's-will their appointments and check-ups now be held against them in the future?
What a bitch this is and as far as I am concerned, changes to the way the United States does Helath Care can't come soon enough.

No comments: