Monday, May 21, 2007

Just a quick note to let everyone know I changed the name of my blog. Now that I get what this is, sort of, I realized that "Beam Me Up" was not a joke everyone would get, and not really how I wanted to represent myself. I often mis-quote Mother Theresa, but her meaning to me was profound-you can't change the whole world but you can change your part of it-and I truly believe that. It takes the pressure off, of having to save the world, but it keeps me responsible for making wise decisions, and impacts, close to home.
So Dena's Corner? For those of you with good memories, Loggins & Messina had a song about Winnie-The -Pooh and some of the lyrics mention Pooh Corner. If it is good enough for singers and fictional bears, it is good enough for me.

5 comments:

Katie said...

First of all...I got the Beam Me Up Now title - you know I would. Secondly, I understand exactly what you mean about misquoting, but still having meaning (I am always saying, "I'm not sure just how it went, but the gist of it was..." and that is enough for me) and thirdly, I love that cd you mentioned with the Pooh's Corner song onit...it also has, I think, a song about "all the pretty little ponies" which is wonderful...
and lastly...I've been meaning to ask you if I can add you to the Women I like to REad About list on my blog...ONLY because that is the list I keep referring to when I sit down to read blogs, and it would be more convenient if it were on that list, if you don't want a lot of people traipsing on over, I won't though...let me know!!
Allllso...(long winded)...I have 3 cool new places to take you and Asa when you come (one is completely outdoorsy, one is partly outdoorsy, and the other is completely in-doorsy)

Katie said...

by the way...I love reading your top 5 least favorite movies, best movies, and now the tv shows - it gives me a little more intel on you...by the way...do you have a pack and play you can bring over?

Anonymous said...

I thought the "Beam Me Up Now" title meant you didn't feel like Earth was your home. It also made me think of Star Trek as in, "Beam me up now, Scotty!"

AMJ said...

I agree with Anonymous, I always thought of Star Trek too. Plus it goes with your Ernie attitude, but now I really see you more as Bert. I think it is the conservative dress and his conservative attitude that remind me of you.

Love,
Your sister!

T-girl said...

Did Alina just whip out the Burt and Ernie refrences? ROTFLMAO

I got the Beam Me Up Now also but I am a bit off kilter myself so what does that say?