Saturday, May 19, 2007

My warm coat of flab

I don't diet. Let me get that out there. The word is DIE with a T. What kind of inspiration that? But I have noticed a few Lbs., or pds. if you prefer, have creeped their way onto my persons. There is a saying that all good dogs go to heaven. Well, all good chocolate bars go to my butt. No offense to those you trying to diet, but I believe that diets are a waste of my time and it is really about healthy living. I can't deny myself the good stuff. It isn't meth and I am not driving drunk. In that contex, a little candy isn't much. But even I know that too much isn't all that great and there are some things I could be doing to help myself out. So, on that note, I just had night 5 of NO SNAKCING AFTER DINNER!!! Clap for me. This has been my downfall. Asa and Nick both go to bed around 9:30pm and I head to the remote (the only time of day I get to touch it) and eat one candy bar as a reward for keeping my sanity one more day. Sleeping after snacking is a huge no-no. Apprantly just the act of going upstairs to bed isn't enough to burn off all the calories loaded in a kit kat bar. Damn, that's a shame. So even though everything that tastes good starts screaming my name around 8:00p, I ignore it and remind myself that I don't have a "no candy" rule for the afternoon. Another goal I have is to drink more water. Not only are there NO calories in water but it is just damn good for you. As my midwife said when I told her I had Gatorade but not much water, she said "Gatorade is Gatorade, it's not water." Plus water is cheaper than any sports drink out there and as my husband told my mother one day, "drink all you want, we have it on tap." My third goal is to exercise more. I am failing miserably at this, although, if I had a nickel for everytime I THOUGHT about walking, I would be retired right now. With Asa a little older, and the weather a little better, this has become my next goal. Again, way cheap to accomplish, and much more satisfying than having to go to the mall again and shop for a larger size of pants (refer to previous blog). As I get good at these things, I will set a new goal for myself. I have several in mind including better cooking and less going out to fast food, but these things take baby steps. I take heart that Rome was built in a day and my butt won't shrink in one day either.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Have I got a deal for you!!! And it isn't a gimmick, and it isn't a diet...exercise for 8 minutes everymorning, eat small portions (mostly fruit or veggies) every 3 hours, don't eat 3 hours before you go to bed, and drink 4, of those 16 oz bottles of water each day...you should loose 2 pounds a week...I've been doing it for more than 2 months now, and have lost almost 17 pounds...it is a lifestyle change for me, not a gimmick!