Thursday, May 10, 2007

Surviving

Well, it finally happened. Asa had his first bout with illness. I am not sure which is worse-that mommy was gone on her annual scout trip and daddy got stuck with the worst of the bodily fluids, or that Asa had to be sick without mommy present! There is something about mommies when we are sick, no matter how old we get. My male doctor said that when his college freshman son got sick at school, it was mom he called and NOT dad!
Asa has survived to whine another day, but he is haggard looking and has a new found fondness for my knees. He is a little clingy. But this has certainly given me pause and a word of thankful prayer that we are a fortunate family not to be touched by serious health issues. As scary as it is to watch your young son suffer from projectile diarhhea (my eyes are scarred for life with that sight), it is even scarier I am sure to watch them have a surgical procedure and hope for the best possible outcome. I am grateful we got off so easy, and will continue to pray for good health.
Now we turn our attnetion to this weekend as we get ready to go camping. A rarity in Oregon in May-it is suppose to be nice ALL weekend! I can already taste the burnt marshmellows (the only way to eat them) and the dirt on my hotdog!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Poor Asa!!! That is terrible to be sick without Mommy around :( I'm sure he'll be cheered up to go camping and eat those burnt marshmellows with you!