Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Smell of Love

This week has been difficult. Noah was diagnosed with a massive ear infection and it has been five nights of sleeping in a chair because the pressure is to great for him to lay down. I wouldn't call our family environmentalist but we seem to be recycling the same cold over and over again. We are going for our third swoop and I am finally inspired to actually clean to get rid of this damn bug!!!
So yesterday was day 5 of no sleep. I never showered, was sticky from trying to get a 6 month old to take medicine, I had baby drool AND vomit on me (coughing just brings up whatever is in Noah's stomach), and I was wearing the same clothes from the day before. The only luxury I took was clean underwear. Nick got up (he works nights now) and when he looked at me he said I looked really cute! Okay, maybe we are both sleep deprived and glassy eyed, but my heart did do a little pitter patter. When a man thinks you look cute when you feel like the hairball a cat choked up, he is a keeper.

2 comments:

AMJ said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Been there and done that! I know what you mean! It must be love. Give the kids the acidophilus, Asa is old enough to take it as I asked our doctor about giving it to our kids. Just mash it up in something he likes, applesauce, cereal, what ever. I put ours in oatmeal. Just makes sure if you put in something warm that its not more than warm. Hot temperatures will kill all the good stuff in there. Hope you all feel better soon.

Katie said...

Ohh,that is too sweet and terrible all at once. I Echo "A" saying "It must be love.", and I feel terrible that you are all so sick! I feel like scrubbing my house down with scalding water and a brillo pad just to get rid of whatever keeps hanging around here, but it doesn't sound anything like what you've got. poor family! Get well soon!!