Monday, June 18, 2007

The Diet Buster

Okay, I broke my "lifestyle change" promise last Friday night. Remember my goal to not eat late at night OR sit on my fat butt? Well, both happened. But let me set the scene so you ahve some pity for me.
Part One-My son goes to bed late. His bed time is 9:30-ish for multiple reasons and while this works well for our family, it means that it is often 10:00p before I get to take a break. (I also get to sleep in so no complaints.)
Part Two-Friday night was MHCC Graduation and I worked it. However, like most graduations it was long and slow and I needed to be home by 9:00p, so I left in time to put Asa to bed. Imagine my surprise when I got home and he was out. Apparently my son has a better social life than I do, having been invited over to Grandma and Grandpa Najdek's. I was a little disappointed to come home early for nothing but when life hands you lemons, you make lemonade.
The Scene-It is 8:50p, I have no kid, husband is already asleep. I turned on "Murder, She Wrote", grabbed my book, made a Warm Delight Brownie, and had a glass of whole milk. I felt like a teenager at a dance club, breaking all the rules and getting to do what I wanted that early! I also ignored the thought of the brownie slowly moving to my hips-it was my night to run wild. This is a far cry as to how I use to spend my Friday nights, or how I even hoped to spend my Friday nights. In fact, in my youth, I NEVER would have even admitted to spending a Friday night like that unless it included a suprises visit from Patrick Swawze. (You can do the most boring ANYTHING and it would be okay with him.) Now, years later, I am praying and crossing my fingers it happens again, brownie, fat hips, and all.

No comments: